PET has a regular section in Inside Time - the national newspaper for prisoners and detainees distributed throughout the UK prison estate. Here are some recent pages.
- Education and safety in prisons, and a connection that must not be ignored.
- Course notes: becoming a plumber.
- Inspiring peer mentors; Habib, Tein and Paul awarded in prisons.
- Course notes: arts and hobbies grants.
- Adam, a former sports champion, talks about how he saw fitness and education help his and other people's mental health in prison.
- Calling all women and veterans..PET want to provide more distance learning courses for women and for ex-armed forces personnel in prison.
- PET would like to hear from anyone who has been in the army and has already benefited from education in prison, particularly distance learning. Share your story!
- Course notes: Journalism.
- Former prisoner and current university student addresses his experiences working in a garage and studying at university, via prison.
- A preview into the nominated teachers, librarians, officers and peer mentors.
- Course notes: arts and languages; people, work and society; science, technology and maths.
- Former prisoner Ben highlights the importance of education.
- Course notes: modern languages.
- Members of the Student Council at Wymott prison discuss the Coates review.
- PET outlines the benefits of drug and alcohol training whilst in prison.
- Course notes: drug and alcohol counseling.
- From football referee to tai-chi, PET looks at how important sport and exercise is for the prison environment and highlights the benefits of pursuing an outdoor activity.
- Course notes: principles of horticulture.
- Nominations are open for the 2016 PLA awards.
- Neil, a PET learner, talks about building a career as a gym instructor post-release.
- Course notes: personal training and fitness instruction.
- Karen reflects on her journey from prisoner to case manager and mentor for female prisoners.
- PET shines a spotlight on distance-learning psychology courses.
- Economist Vicky Pryce reflects on her own time in prison and calls for more educational opportunities for women inside.
- Rod Clark visits HMP Warren Hill for the ‘Expression’ arts showcase.
- Nina Champion grades Sally Coates' speech.
- Learner Stephen Jackley on studying an Open University course in prison.