Learning Matters E-news
Each month our e-news bulletin offers expert comment and original stories about all aspects of learning, training and skills in prison.
We regularly feature case studies promoting innovative initiatives in prisons, learners' stories and letters from past and present prisoners, PET's latest news and articles by other charities in the criminal justice sector.
- To receive our bulletin in your mailbox each month why not Sign up to our Learning Matters e-news and please do share with anyone interested in finding out more about prison education.
- We regularly feature contributions from individuals and/or organisations. If you would like to write an article for our e-news, please do get in touch with Clare from the policy team.
- We always endeavour to provide the most up-to-date, interesting content in an accessible format. Please give us feedback if you have any suggestions to help us improve our e-news.
- August - Changes to education contracts; GCSEs & A Levels in prison; why Universities must be more Inclusive; Cell Workout in HMP Wandsworth; Photos from our Summer Party; TV roundtable: can education reduce violence in prisons?; Learning Together conference
- June - Why David Lidington needs to care about prison education; PET Chair & Alumni in Queen's Birthday Honours; Response to damning though-the-gate report; PET wins Charity Governance Award; HMI inspections - Brixton, Huntercombe, Lincoln, Medway, Pentonville
- May - Looking back a year from the Coates review; PLA award nominations open; Dee learnt to drive a truck in prison; 16 female ex-prisoners hike for PET; Swaleside/Kent prison partnership
- April - Highlights from PET's Academic Symposium 2017; launch of PUPiL and PLAN networks; Penned Up prisoner-led arts festival; Justice Select Committee report on prison reform; new prison clusters for commissioning; HMI Prisons education inspections - Garth, Guys Marsh, Parc Juvenile Unit
- March - Ex-prisoners' short films; recruitment for the Unlocked grad scheme; what reading means to prisoners in honour of World Book Day; new funding for Open University degrees in prison; HM Prisons education inspections - Durham, Eastwood Park, Swinfen Hall
- February - Going to university with a criminal record - barriers, success, and the experience of a mentor; Nina Champion presents on prison education to the Justice Select Committee; a partnership between De Montfort University and HMP Leicester; HMI Prisons education inspections - Wymott, Channings Wood, Norwich and Exeter; Andrew's prison learner diary, part 1
- January - A Coates taskforce; a learner's view on the link between education and safety; Scrooge in the Scrubs; LBSU/Pentonville partnership; art and catharsis in prison
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
Contact us if you would like to submit an idea for the e-news, you have feedback or to read our 2013 archive.